history images Mound City on the Mississippi Home Page
image menu Buildings, Sites, and Objects People, Places, and Things Events, Incidents, and Occurrences Bibliography


Name:    Smith, James A.
Profession:  Architect
Category:  Architecture
Description:    James A Smith, building commissioner for St. Louis from 1905 to 1911, was also an architect whose works included Engine House #44 (1906), Public Bath House (1907), City Hospital Administration Building (1908) and the First District Police Court and Patrol Wagon House (1908). Smith left his city position in 1911 and returned to construction, which occupied him until his death in 1934.

Structures & Places
City Hospital No. 2
Page Boulevard Police Station

More People
in the Same Profession(s)



about historic preservationnew entries4 kids onlymap it!

This site was made possible by: the City of St. Louis Planning and Urban Design Agency and
the City of St. Louis Community Information Network.

This site was funded in part by Federal funds administered by the Missouri State Historical Preservation Office, Missouri Department of Natural Resources, The National Park Service, and the U.S. Department of the Interior.

Version 1.0