Name: Boyd´s #3
Address: 610 Olive
Date of Demolition: 1988
Architectural Firm/Architect: Albert B. Groves
Front facade: Terra Cotta
Property Type Codes: Commercial building, Central Business District masonry
Dimensions: 22´ x 107´
Alterations: The entrance was closed and access was through 608 Olive. The first floor exterior was glass tiled to match 608 Olive.
District: National Register Historic District
The four-story building was built in 1915, designed by Albert B. Groves. A two-story, metal frame oriel bay is located above the first story and its soffit and base are ornamented with miniature classical motifs. At each story of the bay, slender metal sills and mullions frame a large central, plate-glass window, flanked by single windows. A row of small, square transoms is framed by molded metalwork and is topped by a paneled spandrel. The bay´s cornice is adorned with dentils and block modillions. Corner piers faced with white terra cotta frame the front wall of the building and extend past the bay as the end posts of a simple parapet. The piers slope back as the fourth story to embrace a mansard skylight (Olive Street Terra Cotta District, NR 1/2/86).
site was made possible by: the City of St. Louis Planning and Urban Design Agency and