history images Mound City on the Mississippi Home Page
image menu Buildings, Sites, and Objects People, Places, and Things Events, Incidents, and Occurrences Bibliography


Name:  Memorial Presbyterian
Year:  1926
Ward:  28
Neighborhood:  45
Memorial Presbyterian was organized in 1864 as Walnut Street Presbyterian Church. The first church was located on the northeast corner of Walnut and 16th street. The congregation moved to Washington and Compton in 1879 and changed its name to Washington-Compton Presbyterian. The church moved to its current site in 1926 and began construction on its current building. The church was completed in 1931.



about historic preservationnew entries4 kids onlymap it!

This site was made possible by: the City of St. Louis Planning and Urban Design Agency and
the City of St. Louis Community Information Network.

This site was funded in part by Federal funds administered by the Missouri State Historical Preservation Office, Missouri Department of Natural Resources, The National Park Service, and the U.S. Department of the Interior.

Version 1.0