Name: Shining Light Tabernacle Church
Address: 7121 Manchester
Standard Architectural Styles: Gothic Revival
Religious Group: German Evangelical
Ethnic Group: German
Front facade: Siding, artificial
Property Type Codes: Church
Alterations: Asbestos siding replaced original clapboards.
Designation: City Landmark
The original congregation of the Deutsches Evangelische Christus Kirche were German immigrants. This was the sister congregation to St. Mark´s Evangelical Church at Jefferson and Potomac. The congregation moved to Maplewood in 1919; various other denominations have owned the property since then. One of the few remaining frame churches in the City, it was made a City Landmark in 1978.
site was made possible by: the City of St. Louis Planning and Urban Design Agency and