Name: St. Augustine´s Roman Catholic Church, Former
Address: 3114 Lismore
Architectural Firm/Architect: Louis Wessbecher
Standard Architectural Styles: Gothic Revival
Religious Group: Catholic
Ethnic Group: German
Front facade: Brick, common bond
Property Type Codes: Church
Alterations: Rectory designed by Henry Hess of St. Louis in 1928.
Designation: City Landmark, National Register of Historic Places,
Constructed for a German immigrant congregation, this hall church replicates medieval German church forms. The building´s stained glass windows are by the Emil Frei Art Glass Company. The church was purchased in 1982 by the Christ Baptist congregation. [p. 110] It is now vacant.
"Christ Baptist Church (originally St. Augustine´s Roman Catholic Church) is an 1896 Gothic Revival brick church adjoining a 1928 Tudor Goethic brick rectory. The buildings are located on the corner of Hebert and Lismore Streets on St. Louis´ north side. The structures survive with only minor alterations." [From the nomination to the National Register of Historic Places as prepared by Mary M. Stiritz, research director, Landmarks Association of St. Louis, Inc. July, 1986.]
site was made possible by: the City of St. Louis Planning and Urban Design Agency and