history images Mound City on the Mississippi Home Page
image menu Buildings, Sites, and Objects People, Places, and Things Events, Incidents, and Occurrences Bibliography


Name:  Frisco Building
Address:  906 Olive Street
Year:  1903
Architectural Firm/Architect:  Eames and Young
Front facade:  Terra Cotta
Property Type Codes:  Commercial building, business district
Designation: National Register of Historic Places
"The Frisco Building is a thirteen story office building constructed in 1903-04 on the southwest corner of Ninth and Olive streets in Downtown St. Louis. It was designed by architects Eames and Young as general headquarters for the St. Louis-San Francisco Railroad Company. A six bay addition to the west [designed by the same architects] was constructed in 1905-06. The annex faithfully duplicates the style and materials of the principal building." [From the nomination to the National Register of Historic Places as prepared by Mary M. Stiritz, research associate, October, 1982.]

Eames, William S.

St. Louis Landmarks & Historic Districts

Frisco Building



about historic preservationnew entries4 kids onlymap it!

This site was made possible by: the City of St. Louis Planning and Urban Design Agency and
the City of St. Louis Community Information Network.

This site was funded in part by Federal funds administered by the Missouri State Historical Preservation Office, Missouri Department of Natural Resources, The National Park Service, and the U.S. Department of the Interior.

Version 1.0