history images Mound City on the Mississippi Home Page
image menu Buildings, Sites, and Objects People, Places, and Things Events, Incidents, and Occurrences Bibliography


Name:  Columbia Building
Address:  318 N. 8th Street
Year:  1892
Architectural Firm/Architect:  Isaac Taylor
Alterations:  Top seven stories demolished in 1977.
Neighborhood:  35
The original design of the Columbia Building has been completely changed. Originally the building had nine floors, but two of the floors were removed in 1976. An additional five were removed in 1977.

Jungfeld, Edward
Taylor, Isaac S.

Columbia Building



about historic preservationnew entries4 kids onlymap it!

This site was made possible by: the City of St. Louis Planning and Urban Design Agency and
the City of St. Louis Community Information Network.

This site was funded in part by Federal funds administered by the Missouri State Historical Preservation Office, Missouri Department of Natural Resources, The National Park Service, and the U.S. Department of the Interior.

Version 1.0