Name: William Christy House
Address: foot of North Market Street
Date of Demolition: Unknown
Alterations: Portico removed.
This fairly substantial stone house was built for William Christy in 1818. The house was two stories tall and four bays wide. The double doors on the both the first and second floors were topped by fan light transoms. The house originally had a portico, but it was removed at a later date. The windows were multi-pane and double hung. There were interior stone chimneys at the ends of the side gable roof. The only other ornamentation was the jack arch stone lintels above the windows [29, 30].
site was made possible by: the City of St. Louis Planning and Urban Design Agency and