history images Mound City on the Mississippi Home Page
image menu Buildings, Sites, and Objects People, Places, and Things Events, Incidents, and Occurrences Bibliography


Name:  Thomas Riddick House
Address:  617 S. Fourth St.
Year:  1818
Date of Demolition:  Unknown
Neighborhood:  1
The Thomas Riddick House was an example of early brick structures found in St. Louis. The house was four bays wide, with two rooms on each of the two stories. The building was set on a stone foundation and had a double rear porch. It is unknown whether the porch was original to the house. The windows were six-over-six light, double-hung and the openings on the first floor of the front of the house had working shutters. The side gable roof had an interior chimney located at each end [28-29].

Riddick, Thomas Fiveash

Architectural Heritage of St. Louis, 1803-1891



about historic preservationnew entries4 kids onlymap it!

This site was made possible by: the City of St. Louis Planning and Urban Design Agency and
the City of St. Louis Community Information Network.

This site was funded in part by Federal funds administered by the Missouri State Historical Preservation Office, Missouri Department of Natural Resources, The National Park Service, and the U.S. Department of the Interior.

Version 1.0