Name: Firstar Bank
Address: 412 N. 8th Street
Architectural Firm/Architect: Isaac Taylor
Designation: Eligible for National Register of Historic Places
The building was built in three architecturally identical parts. The first section was built on the northeast corner of 8th and Locust in 1902, the second section on 8th and St. Charles in 1917, and the third section east of the original building on Locust in 1920.
The neoclassical bank building is treated in cut limestone. A two story giant order of Ionic columns and a balustraded parapet are among its main features.
site was made possible by: the City of St. Louis Planning and Urban Design Agency and