history images Mound City on the Mississippi Home Page
image menu Buildings, Sites, and Objects People, Places, and Things Events, Incidents, and Occurrences Bibliography


Name:  Odd Fellows Building
Address:  Olive and 9th
Year:  1888
Date of Demolition:  Unknown
Architectural Firm/Architect:  Henry Isaacs
Front facade:  Brick, common bond
Property Type Codes:  Commercial building, Central Business District masonry
Dimensions:  127´ x 112´
Ward:  7
Neighborhood:  35
The Odd Fellows Building was constructed of brick with a Missouri granite base. The rusticated base held two-story arches which were glazed from top to bottom. The top two stories of the building also held two-story arches which denoted the Grand Hall of the Order of the Odd Fellows. A corner clock tower rose above the main structure of the building, terminating in a pyramidal roof [133, 135].

Issacs, Henry G.

Architectural Heritage of St. Louis, 1803-1891



about historic preservationnew entries4 kids onlymap it!

This site was made possible by: the City of St. Louis Planning and Urban Design Agency and
the City of St. Louis Community Information Network.

This site was funded in part by Federal funds administered by the Missouri State Historical Preservation Office, Missouri Department of Natural Resources, The National Park Service, and the U.S. Department of the Interior.

Version 1.0