history images Mound City on the Mississippi Home Page
image menu Buildings, Sites, and Objects People, Places, and Things Events, Incidents, and Occurrences Bibliography


Name:    Delor de Treget, Clement
Description:    Clement Delor founded the village of Carondelet in 1767. His village was initially named Delor’s Village, then Louisbourg. In 1796, the village was renamed Carondelet in honor of the Spanish governor.

An ex naval officer, Delor had settled in an area south of St. Louis near the mouth of the River des Peres. The area was devoted to agriculture and its farmers soon supplied the St. Louis settlers with much of their flour and wood. (Primm, 62)

Carondelet is founded



about historic preservationnew entries4 kids onlymap it!

This site was made possible by: the City of St. Louis Planning and Urban Design Agency and
the City of St. Louis Community Information Network.

This site was funded in part by Federal funds administered by the Missouri State Historical Preservation Office, Missouri Department of Natural Resources, The National Park Service, and the U.S. Department of the Interior.

Version 1.0