history images Mound City on the Mississippi Home Page
image menu Buildings, Sites, and Objects People, Places, and Things Events, Incidents, and Occurrences Bibliography


Name:    Gillick, Aloysius
Profession:  Architect
Category:  Architecture
Description:    Aloysius Gillick, architect of the 1896 Chapel of the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet on Cass Avenue, was the grandson of an Irish immigrant. The family settled in Carondelet, which was then a separate town about five miles south of St. Louis. There they manufactured bricks and practiced a variety of building trades. In 1897, Gillick designed a larger and more elaborate chapel for the Sisters of St. Joseph at the convent in Carondelet.

Structures & Places
Convent of the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet

More People
in the Same Profession(s)



about historic preservationnew entries4 kids onlymap it!

This site was made possible by: the City of St. Louis Planning and Urban Design Agency and
the City of St. Louis Community Information Network.

This site was funded in part by Federal funds administered by the Missouri State Historical Preservation Office, Missouri Department of Natural Resources, The National Park Service, and the U.S. Department of the Interior.

Version 1.0