history images Mound City on the Mississippi Home Page
image menu Buildings, Sites, and Objects People, Places, and Things Events, Incidents, and Occurrences Bibliography


Name:    Study, H. Guy
Profession:  Architect
Born/Started:    1881
Died/Ended:    1959
Description:    Architect, H. Guy Study, began his career in St. Louis in 1912, forming a partnership with John Roth who left for California in 1915. Study continued to design churches and residences in St. Louis, becoming senior partner in the firm of Study and Farrar in 1915, later known as Study, Farrar and Majors. Buildings he designed include St. Paul´s Episcopal Church, the Church of Our Lady of Lourdes, St. Luke´s Catholic Church, Missouri River Waterworks Building, St. John´s Methodist Church, and the Long Art Gallery on Lindell Blvd.

More People
in the Same Profession(s)



about historic preservationnew entries4 kids onlymap it!

This site was made possible by: the City of St. Louis Planning and Urban Design Agency and
the City of St. Louis Community Information Network.

This site was funded in part by Federal funds administered by the Missouri State Historical Preservation Office, Missouri Department of Natural Resources, The National Park Service, and the U.S. Department of the Interior.

Version 1.0