Name: Pet Incorporated
Pet Incorporated began in the late 1800s when John Meyenberg developed the idea of canning milk without using sugar as a preservative. He started the Helvetia Milk Condensing Company in 1885 in Highland, IL, but moved it to St. Louis in 1921. In 1923, the company was renamed Pet Milk Company.
Throughout the years, the company diversified into other businesses; therefore the company was renamed Pet Incorporated in 1966. Three years later, the company established its world headquarters at Pet Plaza in downtown St. Louis.
In 1995, Pet Incorporated was acquired by The Pillsbury Company. Pet Incorporated sells its products to gocery stores, restaurants, and institutional customers. [St. Louis: Home on the River, page 293]
site was made possible by: the City of St. Louis Planning and Urban Design Agency and