history images Mound City on the Mississippi Home Page
image menu Buildings, Sites, and Objects People, Places, and Things Events, Incidents, and Occurrences Bibliography


  First Subdivision Added to St. Louis
Category:  Planning and Development
Brief Description:  The first subdivision was added to St. Louis in 1816. Built by Auguste Chouteau and John B. C. Lucas "on the hill," it extended from Fourth to Seventh Streets and from St. Charles to Spruce Streets.
Year:  1816
Decade:  1810 - 1819
Beginning Date:    1816
Ending Date:     Dec. 31, 1816

Lucas, John B. C.



about historic preservationnew entries4 kids onlymap it!

This site was made possible by: the City of St. Louis Planning and Urban Design Agency and
the City of St. Louis Community Information Network.

This site was funded in part by Federal funds administered by the Missouri State Historical Preservation Office, Missouri Department of Natural Resources, The National Park Service, and the U.S. Department of the Interior.

Version 1.0