history images Mound City on the Mississippi Home Page
image menu Buildings, Sites, and Objects People, Places, and Things Events, Incidents, and Occurrences Bibliography


  Lafayette Park Dedicated
Category:  Architecture, Planning and Development
Brief Description:  Lafayette Park, the only remaining portion of the common fields of St. Louis, was dedicated in 1851 as Lafayette Square. The following year, a wood fence was constructed at the perimeter of the park, and landscaping was installed. In 1854, the park was renamed Lafayette Park.
Year:  1851
Decade:  1850 - 1859
Beginning Date:    1851
Ending Date:    1851

Lafayette Park fence
Lafayette Square



about historic preservationnew entries4 kids onlymap it!

This site was made possible by: the City of St. Louis Planning and Urban Design Agency and
the City of St. Louis Community Information Network.

This site was funded in part by Federal funds administered by the Missouri State Historical Preservation Office, Missouri Department of Natural Resources, The National Park Service, and the U.S. Department of the Interior.

Version 1.0